* Please refer to the Accreditation Manual for added details
1. Initial Communication and Orientation
1. a. An interested institution contacts the TRACS Office and expresses desire to seek
accreditation (Call: 434-525-9539 or email us at email@example.com).
1. b. TRACS Staff completes the Initial Contact Form.
1. c. The institution is informed of the necessity of coming to the TRACS office for a free
(but mandated) application orientation.
1. d. A TRACS letter is sent to the corresponding institution notifying them of the
mandated application orientation and the proposed meeting time.
1. e. Application Orientation meeting is completed on: ________________
1. f. Application Packet is provided to the interested institution.
2. Institutional Submissions
2. a. IERs with supporting documentation is submitted.
2. b. Institutional Profile with enclosures is submitted.
2. c. Application Fee with IERs and Profile is submitted.
3. Review Committee Procedures
3.a. Institution is assigned to a TRACS staff member.
3.b. Financial information given to TRACS VP of Finance for review.
3.c. Review Committee evaluates Profile, IERs and documentation; completes the
Review Committee Checklist.
3.d. TRACS President prepares Letter of Evaluation with one of the following decisions:
3.d.1. Approval as Applicant w/ concerns (response needed)
3.d.2. Defer as Applicant with recommendations (response needed)
3.d.3. Reject as Applicant with Rationale
4. TRACS Staff Visit (once concerns or recommendations are satisfied)
4.a. Visit conducted to verify all submissions and documentation.
4.b. Staff Visit Report with recommendations and suggestions is prepared.
4.c. The institutional response is received by TRACS and evaluated.
5. Review Committee Determination
5.a. IERs, Profile, documentation, Staff Visit Report and Institutional Response are
evaluated by the Review Committee.
5.b. TRACS' President informs the institution of the Committee's decision to:
5.b.1. Accept the institution as an Active Applicant and to proceed toward
5.b.2. Delay the acceptance with rationale.